Monday, August 10, 2009

Staycation, Day 9

I finally felt emotionally stable enough to fix the gaping hole in my grandmother's shawl. I now present... the Super Secret Knitting Project!



My younger daughter, Callie, is modeling it.



This is the Shetland Tea Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. It is done in KnitPicks' Alpaca Cloud laceweight yarn in the Iris Heather colorway. This is my first lace project. It took me three times to get it right, but I did it. Yay me!

I also spent some time today decorating my newly-designated knitting space. It contains an antique rocking chair, an antique hall stand (to which I have attached my ball winder and yarn swift), and an Ott-Lite floor lamp that I purchased during our shopping spree yesterday. The only thing that I would like to add to my corner is a yarn basket for holding the yarn I am currently working.

No comments: