Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Staycation, Day 3

Today, I completed a couple of projects that sorely needed my attention.

I finished the sweater I started for my older daughter, Beth. The sweater is the Collegiate Pullover by KnitPicks. Unfortunately, I don't remember what yarn I used. The colors are Beth's school colors, but they also match the house colors I used when I knit her a Hufflepuff (from Harry Potter) house scarf. Here is the beautiful Beth to model the sweater:



And a close-up of the sweater's design:



I also addressed a problem with my old laptop computer. It has been running slowly since June. I took some time today to clear up the problem and brought the computer back up to speed. Of course, this is a 5-year-old computer, so its speed is slower than most.

I went shopping with the family in the afternoon. We mostly bought household items. I also took advantage of a sale at Joann's Craft Store. I bought several skeins of sock yarn and the yarn I'm going to use in making a dog sweater for my chihuahua, Yoda.

No comments: