Sunday, August 2, 2009

Staycation, Day 1

The irony about my vacations is that I never seem to get time off from work without having a sick individual, whether human or canine, to nurse. This vacation is no different. I am on vacation for the next week (plus weekends), and one of our dogs requires constant supervision. He is recovering from surgery on his ear that was performed this past week. So, I have decided to use this time to get caught up on some projects around the house.

I finished knitting a sweater that I started a couple of years ago. Here is the finished sweater:



It is the "Heirloom Aran Sweater" by KnitPicks. It is knitted with Wool of the Andes yarn, also by KnitPicks, in "Hollyberry." Here is a picture of me wearing my newly finished sweater:



The family and I did manage to leave the dog (actually, all four dogs and both cats) long enough to do some needed shopping. I picked up the yarn I will use to make a baby blanket for my friend, Cate, who is expecting. The baby is a girl, and she is due in October. Plenty of time to make the blanket.

Currently on the needles: Plain sock in Deborah Norville's Serenity Sock Weight yarn in the "Purple Spice" colorway.

Currently reading: Streams of Silver: The Icewind Dale Trilogy, Part 2

1 comment:

Dr. Ronni Sanlo said...

Gorgeous sweater, Ber! Very talented....
For future planning, I'll be at a conference on St. Pete Beach on Jan 15-17. I hope to see you then. I MAY also be your way on Oct 24-25, but not sure yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do. I may have a conference in Gainesville on the 26-27 but I'll fly in and out of Tampa to see you.

Love,
Mom