Saturday, July 24, 2010

Midyear Updates

About myself: I successfully completed my internship, and I graduated with a Master of Arts in Teaching Elementary Education.  I have also been hired at a local elementary school.  However, I have been hired to a temporary position that may end in December.  I'm holding out hope that a permanent position will open before the beginning of the school year.  ::fingers crossed::

About my husband: No updates on the van front.  We will buy one if I get a permanent position at work.  Otherwise, we may be waiting until next year.

About my children:  My older daughter has completed ninth grade and begins tenth grade next month.  My younger daughter has completed sixth grade and begins seventh grade next month.  She will start the year as first chair clarinet in her school's Symphonic Band.

About the pets:  We lost Arlo in January to a massive stroke at the ripe old age of 18 (almost).  However, a new dog came to live with us this spring.  She is an Australian Shepherd named Nana.  I'll tell you more about her later.  Audrey, our only female cat, still has yet to be spayed.  She is proving to be more of a challenge than I had originally thought.

About the extended family:  I lost my Grandpa in January.  He was 89.  I miss him more than I think I will miss any of my other grandparents, although I'm not really sure why.  This will require some thought.

No comments: