Monday, January 11, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Here are some random thoughts:

1. It's really cold here.

2. I am awfully busy for a newly-unemployed person. I have a lot of errands to run, including getting my female cat spayed.

3. My mom is flying here from Los Angeles on Thursday. She is bringing her project with her: she and my aunt are putting a biography of my maternal grandfather together. Mom wants to share it with me. I'm so excited!

4. I want to share the current state of my genealogical findings with her.

5. Speaking of genealogy, I am trying to organize my genealogical files into something resembling a coherent system.

6. My grandfather on my father's side is dying.

7. My grandmother on my father's side is using the funeral to control the actions and plans of the whole family. I also suspect she is manipulating the funeral to exclude my brother. I think this is to punish my brother for something, but I don't know what.

8. I am knitting a baby blanket. It takes the edge off when I think about my grandmother.

9. I would like to be able to get through this week in one piece.

No comments: