Friday, May 22, 2009

When it rains...

It has been raining here every day for over a week! There are several things to note about rain:

1. I love rain, because it makes the world feel peaceful.

2. Living in the woods, as I do, it is easy to see the immediate effects of the rain. The plants are much greener and no longer droop. The animals have water to drink. The world seems full of life. Except for my chihuahua mix, Yoda, who spends a lot of time hiding in the closet from thunder.

3. The well fields for much of Tampa are in the part of the Bay Area that are receiving the most rain. That means the Bay Area has more drinking water that they will waste on their lawns and cars when the storm system has passed.

We have received over 7 inches of rain at my house in the last week, and more rain is predicted for Memorial Day Weekend. Our thirsty state sure needs it.

~ Update ~

My fantastically amazing husband fixed our water tank on the one dry day we had last week. He's not completely done renovating the water system, but we once again have running water in my house. Yay!

No comments: