Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Errand

Who buys cow poo?

Apparently, we do.

Granted it is refined, granulated, and neatly packaged cow poo, but it's still cow poo.  I have no qualms about owning cow poo and using it to fertilize our newly-purchased crape myrtle and magnolia trees.  I am a mother and, by definition, have had my fair share of experiences with people poo.  Cow poo is not that different, just bigger.

What I have difficulty with is the actual purchase of cow poo.  The cow no longer needs it, so shouldn't it be free?  However, the most difficult part of this for me is the fact that there are cows across the street from our house.  That is, there is actual cow poo across the actual street from our actual house, and we (inexplicably) drove miles away from our house to a retail store to purchase cow poo.

I feel very American right now.

No comments: