Monday, May 12, 2008

Davy Jones!

My family went to EPCOT yesterday to celebrate my husband's and older daughter's birthdays. (We don't really do Mother's Day.) EPCOT is having its annual flower & garden festival, which includes a concert series called Flower Power. You guessed it. Disney brings in singers and bands who were popular in the 1960's to perform. Yesterday's performer was one of my all-time favorites: Davy Jones!

While I love all of his songs, my favorite part about seeing Davy Jones is the fact that my children enjoy seeing him, too. My girls have grown up listening to the Monkees and other groups from that era, and they look forward to this concert every year. As a matter of fact, my older daughter asked that we go to EPCOT specifically to see Davy. A good time was had by all!

No comments: